The Port of Tyne's deepwater container terminal is located 5km from the open sea
Regular services operate from the terminal including scheduled short sea feeder services connecting the Tyne to Felixstowe and Rotterdam.
The fully secure 8 hectare (20 acres) Customs Approved container terminal has a capacity of 5,000 TEU serviced by comprehensive handling equipment and supported by computer controlled dispatch handling systems. The terminal also operates the Port community information system (DESTIN8) to speed the flow of imports and exports by alleviating many Customs documentary procedures.
- Container gantry crane and four Leibher cranes with broma spreaders
- Container repair, steam cleaning, devanning and consolidation
- Regular UK and European services linking with major hub ports
- Feeder connentions offered by Unifeeder and BG Freight Line
- Full container (FCL) and Less than Container Loads (LCL) catered for
- Vehicle turnaround of 20 minutes
- High cube W9 gauge connectivity from Tyne Dock with a Channel Tunnel approved rail network
- Refrigerated and hazardous cargo capability
- The Port of Tyne's feeder approach provides a green alternative to distributing goods by road
John Tye - Commercial Director Logistics
Tel: 0191 455 2671